Thursday, June 13, 2019

Kitten Finally Gets Her Bowl of Milk

Image via Goodreads


Title: Kitten's First Full Moon
Author: Kevin Henkes
Format: Hardcover (owned)
Pages: 40
Links: Goodreads * Amazon 
**As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost for you. Thanks!**


Book Blurb from Goodreads:


The nationally bestselling picture book about a kitten, the moon, and a bowl of milk, written by the celebrated author and illustrator Kevin Henkes, was awarded a Caldecott Medal.

From one of the most celebrated and beloved picture book creators working in the field today comes a memorable new character and a suspenseful adventure just right for reading and sharing at home and in the classroom. It is Kitten's first full moon, and when she sees it she thinks it is a bowl of milk in the sky. And she wants it. Does she get it? Well, no . . . and yes. What a night!


My Review:

My son was gifted this book by his grandmother and he enjoyed this story about a kitten who mistakes the full moon as a bowl of milk.  Kitten goes on an adventure trying to get that bowl of milk!  The book has passed down to my daughter who adores this book, I have read it to her many many more times than I read it to my son.  She loves kitten and at the end of the book, she likes to "grab" the moon in the book.  ðŸ˜‚  The book color palette is black, white and gray, but just because it isn't colorful doesn't make my kids love it less.  We love kittens facial expressions.  This is a great book for children and we love it in our house.


My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


No comments:

Post a Comment