Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Pay It Forward With Kindness

Image via Goodreads


Title: Cara's Kindness
Author: Kristi Yamaguchi
Illustrator: John Lee
Format: Hardcover (owned)
Pages: 32
Links: Goodreads * Amazon
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost for you. Thanks!


Book Blurb from Goodreads:

Cara the Cat is struggling with picking the perfect song for her new ice-skating routine. But when a friend in need turns up at the rink, Cara drops everything to
lend a helping hand. All she asks is that he pay it forward! Before long, Cara's kindness is passed all around...and might even make its way back home!


Kristi Yamaguchi is an ice-skating Olympic gold medalist and world champion who knows how to lend a helping hand! As founder of the Always Dream Foundation, Kristi helps promote early childhood literacy. Through her newest picture book, Kristi inspires children of all ages to pay it forward!


My Review:

Imagine my surprise when I took my daughter to the Hawaii Book & Music Festival in May and saw that Olympic Ice Skating Gold Medalist Kristi Yamaguchi was there for a reading and book signing!  I didn't even know she wrote children's books.  I was delighted and my daughter, who is 2 years old, thought the cat on the cover of the book was cute.  Kristi Yamaguchi was very personable and sweet and signed the book for my daughter.  I was a bit start struck since I grew up in the 80's/90's and she was my favorite ice skater.  

This book Cara's Kindness has the sweetest illustrations, I love it.  My daughter is in a furry animals phase, so she loves the big eyed cat Cara as she helps others in need and sees them help someone else in return.  The book has an awesome message about being kind, helping others and paying it forward.  We enjoyed it very much.  This would make a wonderful gift as well.



My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



No comments:

Post a Comment