Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Book Review: Puddle

Image via Goodreads



Title: Puddle
Author: Richard Jackson
Illustrator: Chris Raschka
Format: Hardcover (borrowed)
Pages: 40
Links: Goodreads * Amazon
**As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost for you. Thanks!**



Book Blurb from Goodreads:

Puddle sits despondently in the playground, observing the world around her as she is dimpled by rain, splashed by shoes, piddled on by a poodle, bounced by a basketball, and stirred up by an inquisitive seagull. But when the sun makes a sudden appearance, Puddle meets an admiring new friend who lifts her spirits and makes her feel loved.
Richard Jackson’s playful text shines with rhythm, repetition, and surprising turns of phrase, and Caldecott Medalist Chris Raschka’s luminous paintings achieve the impossible—oh, sweet Puddle!

A memorable story of friendship, love, and changing your point of view.


My Review:


When I first read this to my child, I wasn't drawn to it.  My daughter is 2 years old and she loves puddles so I thought she'd like this book.  I didn't think she liked it during the first read through.  I was confused for a moment because it was a poem, not a story.  So I thought it wouldn't appeal to my daughter but I was wrong!  For three nights now she asked for "Puddle" as a bedtime reading book.  She loves it!  She loves the rainbow that appears in the puddle at the end of the book.  The more I read it, the more I enjoy it as well.  The illustrations seem more abstract, so it's okay for me.  



My Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2















No comments:

Post a Comment